The project fully meets the Epirus Region’s waste management needs for the next 27 years.
It creates 200 jobs during the construction phase, 90 jobs for the duration of the project’s 25 years of operation, and a large number of indirect jobs (transport, marketing and management of recyclable materials, etc.).
The core axis of our planning is the management of Conventional Waste – through the use of internationally cutting-edge technologies that fully protect the environment and are economically sustainable – to ensure the ongoing implementation of the planning.
Multiple environmental, economic and social benefits derive from the WPU, including:
- Protection of the environment in accordance with applicable and European legislation.
- Improvement of citizens’ quality of life.
- The creation of new jobs.
- Clear direct and indirect benefits in tourism, education, and the new quality agriculture that is one of the country’s strategic goals.
- The freeing up of human resources in local authorities, enabling them to provide services and work that benefit the citizen.